Our client is one of the most recognisable fitness apparel & accessories brands and online retailers in the UK and the US. Although still a young company, they have been one of the fastest growing brands in the fitness apparel market and have millions of customers and followers from more than 100 countries across the globe.
— MISSION —
The primary objective of the Customs & Duty Manager role is to ensure that across the vendor base, compliant paperwork is produced to allow goods to be loaded for despatch and delivered smoothly across frontiers.
Where required, customs declarations and import/export paperwork are to be complete and accurate and reflect the regulatory requirements of the origin and destination countries that give rise to potential liability to taxes on importation.
Strong planning and co-ordination skills will be required in liaising with freight forwarders, suppliers and internal stakeholders to support the flow of goods. You will provide leadership and direction to your team; recruiting, developing and coaching to form part of a professional, pro-active and value-adding logistics function. You will be responsible for ensuring strong processes and controls are developed to ensure origin clearance and destination port-to-DC lead times are met with the minimum intervention of the Authorities. You will have practical experience of managing customs & duty compliance, and a record of achievement within that environment.
— RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Identify and advise vendors on correct paperwork for shipments across frontiers as required where our client is the Importer of goods.
- Identify all customs and duty requirements for entering new markets as an importer (e.g. USA, Australia & China)
- Identify & implement best practices for our client in relation to customs and duties in locations where our client is the importer (e.g. HTS codes, MID codes, product testing requirement) to ensure seamless movement of goods to final destination.
- Identify and implement best practices in relation to destination customs brokerage requirements (e.g. dedicated ‘in-country’ clearance agents; bonded/deferment accounts, etc)
- Research and advise suppliers and the Sourcing Department on the compliance regimes required to obtain duty relief from developing countries or under trade agreements
- Make recommendations for improved procedures around the imports/exports of goods with a focus of compliance to the regulatory requirements in moving goods
- Examine current operations and assess gaps, limitations and pressing need to deliver certainty of movement, speed to market, flexible services, good management, lower cost and strong external relationships.
- Familiarisation with Brexit impacts, preferential trade agreements, customs and imports/exports restrictions to advise on meeting the challenges on ever changing routes to market
- You will create annual budgets and resource requirements to support the movement of goods for our client
— REQUIREMENTS —
- A proven track record in managing a Customs & Duty team, ideally within a retail/FMCG environment.
- A sound knowledge of Customs & Duty requirements across multiple frontiers, globally
- Organised, analytical, detail-minded & patient
- As a demanding organisation you will be interacting with senior and direct stakeholders and therefore the ability to clearly communicate, influence, motivate and negotiate at senior levels is highly important
- Good command of MS suite
- AEO accreditation
- Customs Bonded Warehousing
Customs & Duty related International/cross border customer transactions.Please submit your application via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject.