Our client provides complex engineering solutions to the aerospace and defence industries. They have a focus on asset life extension; complex electro mechanical assembly and fabrication. The company has an aggressive growth strategy and large capital backing.
— MISSION —
Reporting to the Group CEO, the General Manager will be tasked with leading all aspects of their operation. You will have full P&L responsibility and autonomy over production, finance, quality and continuous improvement.
The GM will organise, grow, manage, and motivate the management team. You will own deliverables in terms of customer service, new product introductions, quality results, yields and reliability results and cost.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader, a strategic thinker with tactical execution to deliver results in highly complex operational projects.
— RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Provide overall leadership and direction to business and personnel.
- Develop scorecards that reflect the business performance.
- Work with the executive team to set the strategic vision for manufacturing and develop the roadmap towards enabling reliable, cost- effective production at the highest quality.
- Deliver supervision over operations and manufacturing, coordinating and implementing the processes.
- Drive a culture and mindset focused on quality, execution, and cost.
- Continually evaluate the leadership needs of the operations team, making changes where necessary and hiring top industry talent in all functions.
- Work with the executive team across Group to respond to customer needs and requests.
- Ensure implementation of cost, yield, and continuous improvement initiative through Lean.
- Implement control and quality management programs including overseeing all systems.
- Manage Capacity in manufacturing, continuously reduce cycle time and improve efficiency to improve capital utilisation.
- Generate regular reports and forecasts on cost reduction, operations performance improvement and other key performance indicators.
- Define and manage the total quality system.
- Optimise supply chain and materials management.
- Lead engineering excellence and drive a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture by introducing, implementing and championing the appropriate CI tools.
- Evaluate and improve supply chain processes by implementing new tools, policies, processes systems and procedures to achieve high performance.
- Ensure all customer, local, social and legal requirements are met.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance operational team; attract, recruit and retain.
— REQUIREMENTS —
- A university degree in engineering, ideally with advanced degree in business or one or more engineering or scientific disciplines would be desirable.
- 15+ years of leading manufacturing and supply chain operations.
- Entrepreneurial mindset as well the ability to understand the workings of a larger multinational company. Track record of managing effective cost reduction, supply chain and quality programs.
- Fluent English is a requirement.
- Must have a proven track record of doing business with multiple cultures and with both large (~$B) and small (startup) companies.
Please submit your application via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject.