Our client is a young and innovative company which developed a game-changing platform for the food preference and behaviour industry.
The immediate success of our client’s innovative platform means they are looking for a Head of Compliance who will focus on the nutrition / health and sustainability aspects of the platform.
— MISSION —
Our client is searching for a visionary and a credible leader with a strong track record of developing and driving implementation of nutrition and behaviour change policy, strategy, communications and guidelines. This individual should be passionate about creating a healthier population and a sustainable world. They should demonstrate an equal competence when working in the areas of applied nutrition and nutrition/health science with marketing, sales, engineering and product development and in scientific research with leading external scientists: industrial & academic.
— RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Provide nutrition expertise and ensure compliance with local and/or client requirements.
- Translate regional regulatory requirements for nutrition and sustainability definitions into actionable insights.
- Develop and own nutrition governance within product development.
- Provide critical business-focused insights to support product development and partner with Sales, Insight and Marketing to drive future growth.
- Work with internal data scientists, nutrition and QA teams to provide expertise on nutrition composition, fortification, novel ingredients, nutrition and health claims and translate nutrition science into compelling business opportunities that differentiate the portfolio and provide competitive opportunities.
- Support technical documentation review and sign off of nutrition policies throughout the business.
- Play an active role in building our client’s external reputation for nutrition science.
- Capitalise on existing, and build and maintain new, external networks to uncover nutrition technologies and platforms to differentiate products and support business growth.
— REQUIREMENTS —
- Significant experience in developing and leading high performing teams at a senior level.
- Proven ability to create a dynamic and agile team culture which reflects the aims of the company.
- Adept at bringing together a diverse range of perspectives and disciplines to create the necessary nutrition science insights and evidence base.
- Strong business acumen with ability to translate science into commercial value.
- Strong sense of purpose and can distill that sense across partners and teams with a drive for results and ability to bring others along.
- Able to develop effective relationships with key partners throughout the organisation.
- Can implement a structured development framework to effectively manage delivery of technical complex projects to time and budget.
- Can direct nutrition science research and translate results into actionable insights to drive innovation and product development, and provide the evidence base for communications and brand messaging to clients and new commercial prospects within the retail sector.
- Has a proven track record of working with regulators and food law specialists, as well as collaborating with experts across academia and industry
- Has a good understanding for innovation process within a technology business.
- Proven ability to develop and deploy nutrition science applications to support wide-ranging business needs.
- A significant degree of international experience, ideally within the retail industry.
— ESSENTIALS —
- Nutrition degree or closely related subject with functional expertise in nutrition science and policy development.
- Minimum 10 years experience in industry or research/academia with business relevant activity and proven track record of success, demonstrating impact and influence.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with technical and business partners.
- A detailed understanding of the external environment and ability to influence and negotiate to protect business interests.
- Recognised eternally as a credible thought-leader and able to communicate effectively to external stakeholders
- Must have a strong and well-developed network, with a visible presence across multiple external stakeholders.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone passionate about nutrition and sustainability to join an organisation on the mission to help people buy healthy food and have a major impact on their game changing platform.
Please submit your application via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject.