Our client is a European multinational group that manufactures and sells innovative products and customised solutions in heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration. They are present across the world, with many subsidiaries and a number of partnership agreements place.
— MISSION —
The group is in constant expansion and has identified the GCC as their next strategic move. They plan to open their first branch in Dubai to start-up their operations in the Middle East.
As a result, they currently seek a Managing Director to set up and drive the new operation.
— RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Creating a strong growth plan and sales strategy to introduce the HVAC/R products and solutions in the GCC area.
- Support the HQ in all activities relevant to the opening of the Dubai operation.
- Building a team according to the market requirements, integrating a mixture of local and international cultures.
- Driving sales, and overseeing technical support, finance and administration operations of the Dubai office.
- Managing all the operations across the GCC countries, helping to set up a corporate culture in accordance to that of the overall group.
- Operating within a matrix managerial structure with a dual functional and hierarchical reporting line.
— REQUIREMENTS —
- Five+ years of relevant work experience in the HVAC, refrigeration and climate control sector.
- Previous experience in managing a branch office, division or a team in charge of its financial and operational aspects (full P&L responsibility).
- A successful track record of B2B sales, ideally selling to OEM, contractor and installation companies.
- Strong marketing experience.
- Sufficient technical knowledge to be comfortable describing the complex innovative technical features of the company’s products.
- University degree preferably in an engineering discipline.
- A natural leader who has the ability to quickly gain the trust of his/her colleagues based in the Dubai office and elsewhere within the Group.
- Accustomed to the Middle Eastern corporate culture but with multicultural sensitivity to work well with colleagues from different countries on a daily basis.
- Previous experience in working within a matrix managerial structure.
Please submit your application via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject.