Our Client is a leading global hydraulic pipe and fittings manufacturer with 2 legal entities in Germany which are both growing. They are based in Herne (Dortmund) with branches in Nurnberg, Wiehl, Hamburg and the Netherlands and the other based at Etlingen near Karlsruhe. Total revenues of €57million.
— MISSION —
The first subsidiary cut and fit around 5000 tubes per day (70% to order, 30% for stock) for annual revenues of around €24 million and the second was acquired in 2016, selling hydraulic components including very technical manipulated steel tubes, turns over around €18 million per year, selling exclusively to OEM customers (eg John Deere Agriculture).
In addition, there is a direct sales business to dealers who are then supplied and invoiced directly from Italy for a value of around €15 million.
Total headcount is around 300 managed through 5 direct reports to the Managing Director:
- OEM Sales
- Distribution Sales
- Finance & Accounting
— MAIN REQUIREMENTS —
- The ideal candidate will have had experience in B2B sales & service of products related to hydraulic systems or fluid movement, with a particular interest in applications in the following sectors: Off-highway vehicles, Oil & Gas, Food, Forestry & Agriculture, Construction, Shipping.
- Full P&L experience as the German sales revenue is on the increase, we are looking for a manager who can continue to manage and stimulate this growth but whose initial task will be to ensure that these sales are profitable. This will be through a thorough analysis of the pricing and above all an increase in efficiency of the Assembly unit, stripping out unnecessary costs.
- As our client is an international organisation, their ideal candidate would have international experience.
- You must show a flexible attitude in your experience of managing changing scenarios and also of implementing change themselves. The approach must be hands-on while never losing sight of the larger picture and the mid-term strategy and company targets.
- They do require fluent German and English.
Please submit your application via the following email address: email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject.