Our client is an award winning startup in the food-tech space. Our mission is to make finding food easy for people, no matter their dietary considerations. Having started with a free consumer app, we now also provide dietary filters and product suggestions to help power online search tools for a number of leading global retailers.
— MISSION —
We are looking for experienced sales professionals to drive deal sizes of hundreds of thousands to several million pounds across large retailers around the world. You’re a fit for us if you have a track record of creating long-term value for organisations. Candidates should have strong communication and leadership skills, being able to ‘hunt’ as well as drive value-led relationships over time. Successful applicants should also be willing to travel.
— RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Own and hit/exceed individual sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build value-led relationships with prospects
- Manage relationships from initial presentation to signing partnership contracts
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Work with key prospects to understand their business needs and objectives
- Manage your pipeline in a CRM on a weekly basis
- Build relationships and map stakeholder from mid-level up to senior level, and across business units, such as e-commerce, loyalty, marketing and health
- Present slides, provide online demos, manage multi-stakeholder workshops to understand the prospect and to propose next steps
- Identify and overcome objections; build proposals and support prospects to build business cases; offer relevant roadmaps that give our clients a winning path to success
- Ensure a smooth handover of contract scope, relationship and objectives to the Customer Success team
— MAIN REQUIREMENTS —
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Goal orientated and proactive
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Ability to communicate, present and influence at mid- to senior-level prospects
- Proven ability to win contracts in the order of £100k to £1M
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from lead generation to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products, and to fit a prospect’s needs to existing products
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Experience, or strong interest, to work with a start-up environment with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Experience working with supermarkets or retailers, with an understanding of physical retail, e-commerce and loyalty programmes
- Experience of selling products or productised services, managed services or SaaS is preferred over consultancy sales experience
- An interest in food, nutrition, health and wellness
- Previous experience in a B2B technology start-up company
- Interest in self-directed continuous learning
Please submit your application via the following email address: email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject.