Our client is an award winning startup in the food-tech space. Our mission is to make finding food easy for people, no matter their dietary considerations. Having started with a free consumer app, we now also provide dietary filters and product suggestions to help power online search tools for a number of leading global retailers.
We are looking for experienced sales professionals to drive deal sizes of hundreds of thousands to several million pounds across large retailers around the world. You’re a fit for us if you have a track record of creating long-term value for organisations. Candidates should have strong communication and leadership skills, being able to ‘hunt’ as well as drive value-led relationships over time. Successful applicants should also be willing to travel.
— KEY RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Own and hit/exceed individual sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build value-led relationships with prospects
- Manage relationships from initial presentation to signing partnership contracts
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Work with key prospects to understand their business needs and objectives
- Manage your pipeline in a CRM on a weekly basis
- Build relationships and map stakeholder from mid-level up to senior level, and across business units, such as e-commerce, loyalty, marketing and health
- Present slides, provide online demos, manage multi-stakeholder workshops to understand the prospect and to propose next steps
- Identify and overcome objections; build proposals and support prospects to build business cases; offer relevant roadmaps that give our clients a winning path to success
- Ensure a smooth handover of contract scope, relationship and objectives to the Customer Success team
— REQUIRED SKILLS —
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Goal orientated and proactive; extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Ability to communicate, present and influence at mid- to senior-level prospects
- Proven ability to win contracts in the order of £100k to £1M
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from lead generation to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products, and to fit a prospect’s needs to existing products
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Experience, or strong interest, to work with a start-up environment with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Experience working with supermarkets or retailers, with an understanding of physical retail, e-commerce and loyalty programmes
- Experience of selling products or productised services, managed services or SaaS is preferred over consultancy sales experience
- An interest in food, nutrition, health and wellness
- Previous experience in a B2B technology start-up company
- Interest in self-directed continuous learning
Please submit your application via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject.