Our client is a top player within the optical devices sector, manufacturing high precision devices for the ophthalmology industry as well as surveying.
>> MISSION <<
You will act as a HR Manager for HR Support in Germany (±180 FTE) for different locations and businesses. You work collaboratively with the business to understand their agenda and to drive it forward with appropriate HR strategies and tactics.
Moreover, you will act as employee champion and change agent; assess and anticipate HR related needs and will deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organisation. You are also responsible for the people development. Together with the management you make sure that we keep improving our operational organisation.
>> RESPONSIBILITIES <<
- Serve as a liaison between employees, management, and Human Resources providing consultation relevant to Human Resource issues, policies, practices, procedures, and employment laws and regulations.
- Provide pragmatic HR technical expertise and advice around coaching, conflict resolution, investigations and performance management.
- Execution of the standardised HR processes in Germany (HR System, Recruitment, Leadership and Talent Management & Compensation and Benefit)
- Design and implementation of local policy and non-standard process development, in compliance with local regulations.
- Supervises the common and sensitive personal data processing system by organising and supervising each application phase, in compliance with personal data protection laws in force.
- Partner with recruiter for Germany business to ensure recruitment for local business is successfully being supported.
- Be a super collaborator both with the local business teams and with HR global colleagues. Bring ideas to the table and be prepared to own them.
- Partner with COE (Centre of Expertise) functions; Talent Acquisition, Operations & Compensation on various process, projects and programs.
- Implementation, consolidation and management of different variable systems
- Everyday essentials. Legislative compliance, reporting, employment best practice implementation.
- Have relentlessly high standards. You’re not satisfied with the status quo. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it’s about doing and improving.
- Be an advocate for diversity and inclusion and ensure this is built into the office culture.
- On top of the HR Manager responsibility for Germany you will lead a small HR team.
>> ABOUT YOU <<
You are a HR Manager who takes ownership and is result driven. With your emphatic and motivating ability, you will succeed to find the best solutions. In this role you will contribute to an employee satisfaction by simplifying processes and procedures. Experience of working within a technology or manufacturing sector will be useful.
>> REQUIREMENTS <<
- University degree (ideally in Law or Business Economics)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the position of HR business manager or as a HR Generalist, preferably in an international environment and in development area.
- Fluent German and English (Written and spoken) are needed.
- Strong knowledge in local law and legislation.
- Compensation and Benefit knowledge is requested.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong hands on experience with a HRIS system; experience with Workday is a plus Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Enjoys multi-tasking and able to establish a rhythm and operating system for meeting all deadlines
- Demonstrates strong decision-making skills
- Strong ability to prioritise workload while maintain a flexible and efficient focus to continue to adjust as business needs change.
- Good level of autonomy with a hands-on approach
- Works well in a matrix management organisation
- Strong analytical mind-set with a keen eye for detail and the ability to problem solve.
- Experience in planning, assessing and implementing change
- Exercises a high level of discretion and respects private and confidential information
Please submit your application via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject.