Our client is a global leader within the advanced coatings sector with the goal to protect and extend the life of critical components in various industries.
This person can be based in either Italy, France, Germany or the United Kingdom, close to a big airport.
This position is responsible for productivity gains and coordinating the continuous improvement activity across our European Sites based on assigned manufacturing and support processes at the facility.
Responsible to possess the knowledge and skill required to facilitate breakthrough improvements in key processes. Spends 100% of time on Continuous Improvement Projects. Promote and lead change by shifting paradigms, challenging the status quo, and demonstrating delivered results from Six Sigma and Lean projects. Areas of focus will include Process (tooling, equipment, etc.), Efficiency, and Cost Reduction initiatives.
Working with PST business managers, identify, prioritise and implement process improvement methods utilising Lean principles. Assess business, plant, and customer requirements against product line performance to generate an improvement plan. Execute plan to provide Lean training, Lean Workshops, and follow-up activities for operations improvements at plant locations worldwide. Develop operational metrics specific to each product line and track performance. Determine financial impact to the business. Drive Lean principles with energy and passion into the organisation – champion for change. Proven experience leading Lean projects/Kaizens at all levels (shop floor to executive). This may be accomplished by, but not limited to, leading, facilitating, delegating, hands-on, etc…. approach, using Six Sigma and lean tools in the areas of focus of Process (tooling, equipment, etc.), Efficiency, and Cost Reduction initiatives.
- Provide project management, feasibility, costs, contractor quotations, and engineering assistance to Six Sigma and LEAN continuous improvement initiatives involving facilities, production equipment changes and future projects.
- Initiate, formulate, and prepare proposals directed toward cost reductions or avoidance. Monitor and document all aspects of spending (capital and expenses) relating to projects, processes, repairs and improvements implemented.
- Analyse process flow sheets, design reviews, equipment release forms, and ensures job safety analysis specific to the processes in place.
- Establish and maintain performance metrics (KPI’s) to ensure efficient execution of Continuous Improvement function.
- Works Operational Excellence Team (with Leadership Team) in the identification and selection of appropriate Six Sigma projects, WCM, Lean Manufacturing and 5S projects.
- Provide overall leadership and direction for Continuous Improvement initiatives by analyzing and improving manufacturing (and support) processes. Skill improvement training; coaching and performance management for personnel.
- Initiate and conduct project reviews with project team members and others as appropriate (i.e. engineering, manufacturing, safety, quality manager, and plant management.)
- Execute duties for continuous improvement projects through tools such as Six Sigma, 5S, LEAN, value stream mapping, cell layout, etc.
- To fully support all Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedure, to achieve Zero / Zero target.
- Adopt and support the principles of 5s to achieve a world class standard of 30.
- Must have good management skills and a proven track record in Leading a Team.
- Degree in a technical field, or the equivalent demonstrated ability, which is typically acquired through 4 years experience in a similar position.
- Previous manufacturing experience in Quality, Safety, Systems, LEAN, and Six Sigma principles/methodology preferred.
- Must be able to effectively combine theoretical training with practical experience in a “hands-on” environment.
- Must have personal computer knowledge, business administration know-how, and able to communicate ideas orally, in writing and lead a project team.
- Very good English knowledge is mandatory.
Please submit your application via the following email address: email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject.