Our client is a world leader in the consumer products space. An iconic brand and with a reputation for design and production excellence, the Company has grown from major domestic European player to world number one over the past decade.
— MISSION —
The Director of Marketing delivers the optimum marketing plan for the target brands and products within UK and Ireland on time and within budget.
— PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES —
- To develop and execute the Marketing strategy in Spain in association with local senior management.
- To manage the a comprehensive trade marketing plan that will help deliver the subsidiary’s financial targets.
- To direct the management of the existing and new product range in order to meet customers needs and the Spanish Sales targets.
— RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Plan including ATL, BTL and PR
- Marketing Budget responsibility
- Comprehensive trade marketing plan to build relations with key customers to ensure the delivery of best in class trade marketing initiatives.
- Work with Group Brand function on new product development to target opportunities within the Spanish market.
- Introduction of new product to market
- PR of the target brands
- Dead and dying stock management
- Key member of the Spanish Management team
- Responsible for management and performance Marketing team
- Comply with the Roles and Responsibilities as is defined in the H&S manual
— KEY INTERFACE —
- Directors of Sales – as necessary
- National Accounts team – as necessary
- National Sales Manager – as necessary
- Finance team
- New Product Development team
- Trade Marketing and Brand management
- International counterparts
- Agencies such as PR agency, Media buying agency
- Key Account Customers – ad hoc visits as required
— REQUIREMENTS —
- Strong track record of marketing management in a categorised product sales environment (CE, SDA, MDA, or FDA)
- Good people manager, able to manage and motivate individuals with different sales styles, approaches and levels of experience
- Ability to analyse and react to market trends and opportunities
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and analytical ability
- Able to learn and assimilate key features and benefits of the product range
- Understanding of competitors ranges
- Understanding of GFK data and ability to communicate information to key contacts within customer base
- Self-motivated, solution based problem solver, confident, enthusiastic, team player, robust and resilient.
- Broad knowledge of Spanish and European retail and wholesale S.D.A industry
- Current driving licence
- Willing and able to travel as required
— DESIRED —
- Experience of operating at Marketing director level and management of integrated marketing plans
Please submit your application via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject.