Our client is a global provider of products and services to the offshore Oil industry. Through production facilities they manufacture hydraulic fluids used for valve control in offshore drilling and production systems as well as for controlling oil and gas flow to processing. Due to continued growth and expansion they now require a Senior Business Developer with a good knowledge of the West& East African market.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development you will :
- Ensure strategy plans are finalised to ensure the Company obtains opportunities for projects in the region.
- Stay abreast of the changes in competitors, market drivers and provide regular communication to senior and executive management.
- Identify and generate new business opportunities through outside sales activities, including cold calls, prospecting, relationship building, and client retention.
>> RESPONSIBILITIES <<
- Accurate forecasting of competitors costs including identifying competitor strategies, execution philosophies and capabilities
- Focal Point within Commercial Department for information on Competitors
- Participate in Company presentations and technical discussions
- Development of strategy and participate as part of a strategy team throughout the project cycle process
- Develop strategy plans for business development of identified targets
- Develop client relationships as identified
- Provide information on prospects to facilitate the ability to target
>> REQUIREMENTS <<
- Available for travel when required
- Able to follow detailed instructions
- Excellent PC skills primarily MS Excel, Power Point and Word
- Think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and generates required steps to ensure success
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with industry representatives
- Excellent Commercial awareness and overview
- Ability to work independently and prioritise correctly under pressure
- Well organised and structured working methods
- Relevant business experience in consultative sales and marketing
- Fluent English
The sales process is long, complex and strategic and to manage this requires an individual with a strong technical background and excellent interpersonal and networking skills. The role will require frequent visits to Africa (every 2 months) and contacts with the HQ of the operators and requires and individual with Consultative sales& marketing experience or alternatively an engineer with strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills with experience of fluids or hydraulic control systems.
Please submit your application via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject.