Our client is one of the world leaders in the fields of automation, staging and engineering for the live entertainment industry.
>> MISSION <<
This critical position oversees the daily operations for all China entities and branches. The position will report to CEO of the Group/ President PI and work close with different China Business Operations. This position is for a business leader who will primarily be responsible for setting up the China office and establishing all main functional areas such as finance, legal, HR, & day to day operational structure. Also, this person will oversee the day to day transactions as well as management of the staff.
>> RESPONSIBILITIES <<
- Day to day management of operations, daily transactions, management of staff and employee workload
- Develop budgets and controlling costs; review weekly forecasts, capital expenditures, headcount
- Develop and manage operations team capable of carrying out need operational transactions
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to throughput, inventory and operational expense
- Ensures customer expectations are met or exceeded in delivery or cost. Liaison with customer wherever necessary to ensure customer is supported, travel to customer when required
- Remains abreast of new developments in the industry, and interchanges knowledge with other members of the organisation
- Drive service excellence, value creation and strive for high customer and employee satisfaction across all operations in Greater China operations.
- Day to day oversight of accounting transactions and management of financial processes
- This person will be the local country process owner of corporate tax reporting and tax planning, ensure all direct and indirect tax filings are reviewed, accurately and timely filed, and payments are made timely for all Chinese entities and branches. Continuously looks for ways to optimise our cash tax position in China
- Oversee overall design, implementation of income/indirect processes, including oversight of the effectiveness if both tax and non-tax functions in supporting all end to end processes that impact tax
- Assist corporate office in managing the effective tax rate, including review of China’s FAS 109 tax provision and FIN 48 positions.
- Monitor China tax and financial legislation, determine the impact, and communicate to management the impact of such legislative changes (e.g. VAT reform). Ensure successful harvesting of tax incentives/ subsidy opportunity to enhance cash flow and financial positions.
- Provide guidance on employment laws, policies and practices, and management of employment
- Drive compliance with established governance e. g. Service Level Agreements, Collective Labor Agreement, policies & procedures, and other binding regulatory guidelines while capitalising on economies of scale to achieve cost efficiencies
- Fosters and champions team spirit amongst plant personnel and encourage input and participation. Participates in and contributes enthusiastically towards the creation and growth of a spirit of openness, trust and respect throughout the entire organisation
- Ensure that appropriate training, coaching and discipline is given to ensure high performance of tasks to meet scheduled requirements
- Creates and secures a safe and secure work environment
- Development of policies and procedures which adhere to local/country laws
- Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies, and Employee Handbook
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and legislation.
>> REQUIREMENTS <<
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, human resources, legal, international business, or business management. MBA Preferred.
- Expert level in English and Mandarin Chinese
- 8+ years of business experience in China with an organisation headquartered in the US or Europe
- 5+ years of experience working with Western Corporations
- 7+ years of relevant tax experience in a medium to large size tax environment.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in China tax law and practices; including proven successful experience negotiating with Tax Bureaus in favour of tax payer
- Thorough knowledge of FAS109, FIN48 and China GAAP
- Vast experience / thorough knowledge of legislation with respect to tax, social security, labor law, CLA, etc.
- Vast experience / in-depth understanding of interactions with other functions
- Ability to adapt to complex and constantly changing, fast paced, highly demanding internal and external environments is a must
- Ability to develop relationships and influence senior level business leaders
- Strong conceptual skills
- Strong assessment skills
- Willingness to travel regularly within the region
Please submit your application via the following email address: email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject.