Our client is a privately held European multinational designing and manufacturing world-leading industrial equipment and solutions that improve production lines across the globe. The UK branch based in Chesterfield has demonstrated year-on-year profitable growth and due to managed succession planning, they currently seek a:
Managing Director – UK
>> MISSION <<
You will be responsible for carrying forward and building upon the excellent performance of the UK subsidiary to date whilst seeking new markets and applications for the product range within guidelines set up at Group level.
>> RESPONSIBILITIES <<
- prepare annual business plan and budget in line with Corporate guidelines,
- execute the plan as approved by the Corporate HQ covering all operational aspects including: sales and order acquisition, project management, invoicing and payment, operations & warehousing, installation and commissioning, service and repair, local procurement and supply;
- select, manage and lead the sales team and back-up staff, actively supporting their professional and personal development,
- maintain a thorough understanding of the market, trends and commercial opportunities, identifying potential customers and contacts for the Company's products
- enhance visibility of the Company's brand and products, implementing relevant commercial and marketing activities/ events
- develop and organise PR and communication activities and events, participation in exhibitions and trade fairs
- prepare quotations in accordance with Corporate guidelines
- carry out customer visits, conduct negotiations and conclude sales agreements in the role of ‘Chief Commercial Officer'
- coordinate local project management of acquired orders
- coordinate local activities with occasional subcontractors, supervise and/or coordinate the local team for installation, commissioning of machines and customer training
- oversee management reporting
>> REQUIREMENTS <<
- 10+ years experience including full sales responsibility and ability to demonstrate sensitivity to gross margin and cost drivers, ideally within a capital equipment environment and a strong after-sales component. Ideally you will have demonstrable successful P&L experience
- Successful technical sales track record (candidate must be able to demonstrate direct positive impact on profitable sales in previous roles)
- Charisma: must exude authority through presentation, communication and intelligence
- Lives within a commutable distance or if relocation is necessary can present credible personal connections/circumstances for doing so
- A passion for process implementation but understands the need to balance this with keeping the customer on side and the business profitable
- Degree educated – preferably within a technical/ engineering discipline
- Strong track record in project management and appreciation for the business case for impeccable after sales management
- Buys into the vision of the company and proactively proposes new applications/ market trends etc in a balanced and objective way
- Strong team management creds
This is an excellent opportunity for a business leader in the engineering/ manufacturing space who is looking to stamp his/her identity on the next phase of growth for the UK in an exciting time for the Company globally.
Please submit your application via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject.