Our client is a busy British clothing manufacturer that produces garments both in the UK and overseas for some of the biggest names on the high street. Based in Islington, North London, they currently seek a part-qualified accountant to take responsibility for book-keeping including some elements of the month end process and broader office management duties.
* Maintaining the Purchase Ledger including posting supplier invoices, dealing with queries and payment runs;
* Maintaining the Sales Ledger including posting invoicing onto Sage with VAT analysis, stock analysis and debtor control
* Cash and Bank including reconciliations and petty cash
* Maintaining the fixed asset register
* Office management duties including maintaining the register of leased and rented equipment, staff expenses and credit card reconciliations;
You will have
* experience of month end closing;
* a broad understanding of financial control;
* a good knowledge of purchase ledger with experience of managing suppliers and payment runs;
* Solid experience of Sage line 50
* Good general IT skills
* Well developed interpersonal skills.
With a strong professional ethic back up with credibility and integrity you will have a business focused attitude with the ability to work with autonomy and often under pressure. Reporting to the financial controller, this is an ideal opportunity for a young finance professional to make a direct and immediate impact on the success of a business. In return we offer a competitive package together with flexible working hours and a dynamic and fun working culture.