Our client is a highly progressive UK manufacturing institute which bridges the gap between academia and industry. Their collaborative approach delivers leading edge research, deploying innovative technology and new processes in all projects and programmes. This is all with the singular aim of improving the efficiency of UK and European manufacturers and their value chains.
— MISSION —
The Chief Executive has overall responsibility for all aspects of the management of the business providing leadership and management to the organisation, setting the overall vision and mission, motivating employees and teams, developing sound business processes, and is responsible for delivery of the technical output, and business performance in accordance with the annual plan and the 5-year business plan. S/he takes lead responsibility for the maintenance and development of the Institute’s reputation and for relationships with Members, Stakeholders and other external bodies.
— MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Developing robust plans to deliver the Company’s strategy, to meet annual targets and the five-year business plan agreed by the Board.
- Creating, developing and providing leadership to an effective management team and management structure in the Company capable of addressing the challenges the company faces.
- Creating an effective entrepreneurial culture in the organisation to attract, motivate and retain the calibre of talented engineers that the company requires
- Increasing the membership of the Institute and building effective relationships with Members
- Ensuring the highest possible quality of delivery against customer expectations. Increasing customer satisfaction
- Ensuring that the Company is in full compliance with all relevant laws and corporate governance requirements.
- Ensuring that comprehensive and appropriate internal control mechanisms are implemented to mitigate key risks.
- Monitoring and reporting the Company’s performance to the Board and Members.
- Serving as the primary representative of the Company and building a network of contacts in other companies, representative
industry bodies and relevant government departments
— REQUIREMENTS —
- Has managed multi-disciplinary multi-layered teams
- Management in a technical research and development organisation
- Experience of working in a dynamic and growing business
- Personal accountability for delivering projects with >£1m value
- Project management in a complex multi-project environment
- Business and financial acumen; extensive experience in managing budgets
- Ability to build and develop high performing teams
- Effective verbal and written communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate vision and leadership
- A real motivator and inspirer of others
- It would also be a major advantage to have a degree in a scientific, engineering or technical discipline and to have proven commercial experience in a relevant industry sector
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned executive who has a passion for research and innovation to play a leading role in shaping the future of an organisation at the forefront of manufacturing innovation in this county and beyond.