Our client is a family owned company and global player in the markets for the storage and transport of fuels, chemicals and powder as well as machinery and equipment for the can making industry. The Spanish subsidiary (located in Madrid) includes sales activities for Spain and Portugal. To develop and extend the business in both territories, we are looking for a dedicated General Manager.
The General Manager is responsible for the business development of Portugal & Spain.
- Develop new business opportunities with Integrators and end-users
- Analyse the markets in order to identify and predict customer needs
- Identify improvement opportunities and create proposals for change
- Maximise customer communication activity
- Sales presentations/visits to prospective clients, exploit public media/events with support of headquarters
- Work on proposals, drive and support negotiations and closing business deals
- Sustain care of current customers and support/execute service expansions
- Manage the team based in Madrid.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven experience in business development of technical products in the field of storage and transport of oil & gas or machinery and equipment for the can making industry
- Hands-on approach
- Ability to quickly adapt to new products and organise and implement sales activities
- Willingness to travel within Spain and Portugal
- Self-motivated and driven