Our client belongs to the world leaders in chemistry manufacturing focusing on chemicals, plastics, synthetic and chemical fibres. Offering a wide range of tailored products, they collaborate with world leaders in industries such as automotive, electronics and pharmaceutical. Due to their rapid growth, they are now recruiting a Finance & Controlling Manager to lead the finance department based in Manchester.
>> MISSION <<
This role has been generated to give accountability for the cash transactions conducted for the subsidiary of the Italian parent group and perform duties to advise the Managing Director pertaining the financial situation of the company at all times whilst targeting a decrease of the credit line.
>> RESPONSIBILITIES <<
- Provide the Managing Director and the overall company organisation with financial counselling and business advice.
- Monitor customer billing, cash management, accounts payable, general ledger, assets accounting.
- Manage financial statements and reports preparation timely.
- Provide the daily liaison with banks, other financial institutions and outside auditors with whom the company does business.
- Ensure that an adequate system of accounting for product and inventory costs is maintained and that operating management understands how to manage the information.
- Manage all cost accounting processes, through a cost-effective data system, in order to provide appropriate costing information to management.
>> REQUIREMENTS <<
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Five years of fundamental experience in finance departments, ideally in a branch of a manufacturing company
- Strong background in cost accounting and the use of standard costs in a manufacturing environment
- Ideally, experience in training Operating Management to understand and use the variances from standard cost to control operations
- CPA or CMA certification as well as ERP SAP experience desired
- Fluent command of the English language
- This is a great opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager with a passion for process optimisation, who strives for the next career step of leading the financial department at the UK hub of a globally successful plastics and chemicals company.
Please submit your application via the following email address: email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject.