Our client is a highly progressive innovation centre which provides state-of-the-art services and support to engineering and manufacturing businesses in the East of London. They are a beacon of regeneration in the area whose programs and initiatives are an inspiration to aspiring engineers, start-ups, local institutions and central government.
— MISSION —
As a result of some significant growth, the institute now feels they are ready for their next phase of development which would involve taking their learning and IP and replicating this into new business opportunities both in London and further afield.
It is the role of the BD Director to identify, follow up and convert these opportunities. The BD Director has overall responsibility for revenue generation from their various streams in accordance with the the vision, charitable objectives and agreed strategy. As a member of the management team, you will play a key role in maintaining and developing the Organisation’s reputation and for relationships with Members, Stakeholders and other external bodies .
— MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Developing robust plans to deliver the Company’s business development strategy, to meet annual targets and the longer term business plan agreed by the Board.
- Deliver new business streams and ventures that increase profitability and impact of the charity
- Develop collaborations and partnerships in new ways to secure profitable, sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships with organisations in the private and public sector
- Winning and maintaining the enthusiasm and support of the Board and other stakeholders for new ventures and plans
- Monitoring and reporting business development performance to the CEO.
- Serving as a high level advocate for the Organisation and building a network of contacts in other companies, representative industry bodies, academic institutions and relevant local and central government departments
— REQUIREMENTS —
- Proven track record in strategic B2B business development with a focus on new business development within a complex service context preferably within both private and public sector environments
- Results driven with demonstrable experience of achieving targets at executive level.
- Developing and working to a high level sales strategy.
- To establish and qualify leads within the identified sectors.
- Excellent presenting ability to all levels.
- Flexibility and proactive approach to meet the needs of the business
- Degree calibre education
- A real passion for regeneration and a desire to give something back
This is an excellent opportunity for a successful business development executive to shape strategy, develop opportunity and then see tangible benefit and lasting legacy to the wider community. In short this is a high impact role.