Our client is a global leader within the Public Safety market space with a strong focus on technologies such as automated fingerprint and facial recognition systems. We are pioneering the deployment of these technologies into both public and private sector markets, focusing on areas such as critical infrastructure, national security policing alongside retail and hospitality.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running and management of our client’s Public Safety operations team within the EMEA region. This is a highly diverse team representing the company across various time zones, cultures and market sectors.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the role of the operations manager is to ensure that all the parts of operations process come together to ensure the successful delivery of our solutions throughout EMEA.
The role has responsibility for all operational management activities, including pre-sales, engineering, project and pose-sale support. Day to day activities include resource allocation, escalation alongside reporting key metrics such as financial performance.
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team of 40 + people and must be comfortable working within a matrix management model. The Operations Manager must have strong team and person management skills and will take on a mentoring role to provide guidance to team members throughout EMEA.
Experience of working with Information Technology projects with multiple stakeholders for large public and private sector projects encompassing areas such as national security, policing, military, critical infrastructure, etc is mandatory.
The role is home based (within the UK) and calls for extensive travel throughout the EMEA region alongside regular (weekly) travel to the company’s EMEA HQ located near London.
- Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support the company in production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced.
- Identifying any skills gaps in the organisation and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this.
- Training of staff and managers to ensure that all team members are performing adequately in their role.
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
- Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
- Acting as a liaison to senior management and board of directors to keep them up to date on status and issues.
- Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and production targets are met.
- Review and Implementation of all existing and new policies and procedures relating to Operations.
- Liaising with the Bid management team to improve opportunity qualification and bid win rates. To gain commitment support from all relevant stakeholders and ensure profit protection and minimise risk. Providing updated reports on status.
- Partner management, ensuring all aspects of partner initiation are completed, including contracts, certification, support, training and annual review.
- Project management governance. Liaising with EMEA project managers, partners and contractor project managers Monitoring and providing guidance on escalations, project status (gates, phases), and profit and loss and project sign off. Constant review of all ongoing projects.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team of 40+ people.
- Comfortable presenting to both senior / board level management and end-users, engineers, etc.
- Conceptual understanding of IT systems infrastructure, design and deployment, including networking, servers, databases, orchestration, virtualisation, etc.
- Full passport and driver’s license – this position will require extensive travel throughout EMEA and may require travel throughout the world.