Our client is a global leader within the biometric market space and have a strong focus on facial recognition via their new product. This new solution takes in images, pre-recorded video or live CCTV feeds and automatically locates faces, matching them to a database of known individuals. The platform is hosted within a Microsoft Windows and Linux environment with a global customer base in the public and private sectors.
The successful candidate will have a capability of providing pre-sales, post-sales and project management activities and come from an engineering background within the IT integration and networking market space, experienced at working on large scale projects within areas such as policing, military, critical infrastructure and large events.
The pre-sales nature of the role involves working with sales representatives within the company and with both technical and commercial representatives from clients. Typical activities involve responding to customer questions and tenders, demonstrating and presenting the solution and helping internal sales teams, partners, integrators and customers to understand the solution and its benefits.
The engineering nature of the role requires that candidate to complete field deployments from pilots and trials through to full scale roll-out. Typical activities involve installing and configuring the environment including infrastructure, hardware and software. The candidate will be comfortable troubleshooting and replicating technical problems and feeding issues back to level 3 support.
The candidate will be required to complete technical project management. Including managing the project through the project lifecycle and handover to support. The candidate will use subject matter expertise to provide technical oversight to help ensure projects remain viable and on target, escalating issues into senior management.
The candidate should be a motivated self-starter, comfortable both working alone and as part of a team, carrying out a mixture of technical and commercial work on a daily basis. The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to work with and report to remote teams and must be fluent in both Romanian and English.
* Work closely with the local team, partners and end-users to identify and qualify sales leads from a technical perspective, developing and executing a strategy to deploy the new product within the region.
* Define a technical solution for a customer, including system specification, architecture, network design software licensing, supporting services and pricing.
* Carry out deployment of pilots through to full scale deployment, including deployment and configuration of servers, networking, cameras, software, security, etc.
* Technical Project Management – Technical project documentation (high level designs, low level designs, technical designs, test documents and as built documents
* Advise and assist system integration partners with using our product’s integral web service APIs to integrate with other systems and applications
* Influence and respond to procurements including RFI and RFP.
* Attend trade shows in both a technical and commercial capacity to demonstrate the product to the wider market.
* Carry out first and second line support for solution deployments.
* Complete end user and administrator training.
* 5 years’ experience working with technology vendors and systems integrators.
* Detailed understanding of IT systems infrastructure, design and deployment, including TCP/IP networking, Windows 2012 / 16, Linux, MS SQL, Cassandra / No-SQL, RabbitMQ, Docker / Containers, Virtualisation, etc.
* Comprehensive understanding of software integration mechanisms including web based API’s (Web services, SOAP / XML, RESTful, etc).
* Comfortable presenting to both senior / board level management and end-users.
* Fluent in both written and oral Romanian and English.
* Full passport and driver’s license – this position will require extensive travel throughout Romania and may require international travel.
* Experience of video analytics and biometrics, specifically facial recognition, is advantageous.
* Whilst not mandatory, a good understanding of CCTV cameras systems and Video Management Systems, including configuration of cameras, bandwidth calculation, and quality of service and view optimisation is desirable.
* Ability to speak other languages is advantageous.