Our client is the European leader and one of the largest worldwide manufacturers of diagnostic blood plasma products. The company also supplying a wide range of medical devices, instruments and reagents for laboratory use.
— MISSION —
The Commercial Director, Diagnostics, UK is responsible for delivering the Diagnostics sales performance of the company. The position is responsible for the leadership and development of the UK Diagnostics team (Sales Manager, other members of the management team and the field sales force) and the creation of local Sales & Marketing strategies and plans in line with company goals. This experienced sales leader possesses a keen understanding of the Diagnostics product market in the UK and has a proven record of effectively balancing the demands of both external and internal customers while achieving a high ROI on sales resources.
— MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Drive the UK top-line sales performance for the company’s diagnostic division product lines through effective coordination, training and allocation of Country field force resources and personnel.
- Works collaboratively with the Sales Director EMEA and Regional Marketing team on the delivery of a coherent and state of the art sales strategy, tactical plan and Marketing initiatives, resulting in on or above plan sales performance.
- Accountable for UK Diagnostics EBIT contribution.
- Ensures that all Company/Diagnostics regular reporting is completed for the UK business.
- Analysis and profitability of business deals (Tenders and Managed Services) in conjunction with Sales Director EMEA.
- Manage spend within budgets.
- Maintain and develop relationships with KOL’s, key customers and liaison with Department of Health.
- Key interfaces (beyond line management) include: Regional Marketing, Local Technical Service (GS&T), Local and Regional Finance, Compliance and the local UK GON organisation (functions such as Customer Services, Quality, Legal support and Human Resources).
— REQUIREMENTS —
Impact on the organisation:
- Through decisions on sales tactics, implementation and leadership of personnel, significantly affect actual sales and consequent market share of UK promoted products.
- Through the application of personal standards, ability to inspire, motivate, lead and drive from decision to action, affect key aspects of sales organisation performance in terms of retention of personnel, ability to attract new personnel, and overall competence of the sales team.
- Outstanding sales acumen and business aptitude.
- Demonstrated success in (Diagnostics) sales-leadership roles, ideally garnered in the UK, although outside UK experience a ‘plus’.
- Demonstrable leadership ability, including ability to motivate associates with different backgrounds and skill levels.
- High degree of customer focus.
- A high level of drive, and the ability to juggle multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent influencing ability.
- English – Fluent Business Level.
- Degree in relevant subject or Professional Qualification.
- Problem solver.
- The candidate will manifest an entrepreneurial spirit.