Our client, based to the East of London is a leading advocate for the manufacturing, engineering and technology sectors by bringing together a range of organisations to deliver education, training and skills to nurture businesses in the MET sectors.
Due to organic growth, they are now looking for a Business Development Director who will be responsible for developing and securing new opportunities and partnerships for the organisation to achieve higher levels of profit performance through expansion into new markets and business activities.
- Responsible for securing new profitable deals and contracts to expand the company’s operations and profit performance, staying true to the company’s charitable aims and objectives;
- Finding leads, creating and developing partnerships by demonstrating a clear path to a profitable outcome;
- Build a strong pipeline of opportunities;
- Win and maintain the enthusiasm and support of the Board members for new ventures.
- Proven track record in strategic B2B business development with a focus on new business development;
- Self-motivated and enjoys the challenge of new business development and the full sales cycle from cold calling to contract sign-off;
- Results driven with demonstrable experience of achieving targets at executive level;
- Have the ability to be able to present and sell a complex service suite at all levels;
- Able to establish and qualify leads within the identified sectors;
- With a track record of successfully driving financial performance within a similar market sector;
- Able to introduce and sell a new product and service to identified market sectors;
- Effective time management;
- Excellent presenting ability to all levels;
- Strong interest in regeneration.
- Negotiating complex high revenue contracts;
- Managing full sales cycle from cold calling to closure;
- Managing and setting sales budgets.
- Degree calibre education (desirable);
- Academic or professional qualifications (desirable).