This is a great opportunity to join a leading company within the Public Safety arena and work with some of the most advances AFIS technologies available.
Our client is a global player within the biometric and ICT industry including fingerprint and facial recognition systems. They provide 360 degrees lifecycle management for solutions with a high level of complexity, throughout their own network and channel partners.
Systems Engineer provides senior-level technical support for solution delivery including: analysis, design, evaluation, configuration, installation, documentation, testing, training, and general support across the functional areas of the solution offerings. This position is responsible for customer site(s) system hardware and software support.
Systems Engineer should be capable of diagnosing and correcting difficult and intermittent hardware and software malfunctions arising from design deficiencies, data errors, component failures, and environmental issues. This requires a high degree of diagnostic ability and complete understanding of mainstream Linux operating systems, as well as Biometric applications. A background in installation and configuration of Debina, RHEL and SUSE Linux with JBoss and Oracle is a plus.
- Ability to analyse, diagnose, and solve complex technical systems issues related to our product offerings.
- Lead the implementation of strategies and make concise recommendations to project managers, project staff and sales managers on technology factors for projects or project pursuits.
- Assist other engineers, project managers, project staff, and sales staff in defining customer technical requirements and specifications for system/product design.
- Works closely with analysts, development and the delivery teams to insure the product solution addresses current customer requirements and expectations.
- Documents procedures, policies, proposals, specifications, implementations for project and sales staff to review.
- Ability to provide remote assistance for system administration troubleshooting and root cause analysis with Windows 2003/2008 and RHEL Linux Servers.
- Must have strong understanding of Active Directory infrastructure components such as DHCP, DNS, User and Computer Management, and Computer Management.
- Must have a strong understanding of deployment methodologies and technologies, include
Acronis, Sysprep. OEM Deployments of Linux Operations systems is a plus.
- Strong OS understanding and administration of RHEL and JBoss applications, including backup/restore methodologies and technologies.
- Familiar with industry standard virtualisation and container methodologies. Strong experience of VMware or KVM will be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of Database technologies including installation, configuration & maintaining.
- Experience of Oracle will be an advantage.
- Troubleshoot and install Java patches for a variety of office and Biometric applications.
- Gather and Analyse system error logs, operating system and application program messages, and application errors. Isolate and resolve intermittent problems.
- Identify problems within the customer environment, own them through resolution including reporting on status, and escalate when necessary before they result in a customer production outage.
- Perform system level fault isolation on all multi-tiered Biometrics application environments server components.
- Troubleshoot error information by using diagnostic aids, error logs, diagnostic test routines, system dumps, and utilities in order to isolate and identify faulty hardware and software components.
- Resolve system problems via telephone, remote access, and onsite service as required.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of Network LAN and WAN connectivity. Provide direct on-call site support, as needed.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through professional and ethical conduct.
- Ability to work independently without consistent management supervision.
- Understanding of enterprise system and application incident management and standard change control practices.
- Willingness to assist the team with establishing operational process and procedures in order to enhance the supportability of customer environments.
- Ability to consistently document system build and support processes for standardised operational support purposes.
- Applicant should be UK citizen with capability to get security clearance in government agencies.
- Extensive travel to London with potential worldwide travel may be required.