Our client is a well funded start-up based in Soho, London introducing the first app to create tailored food recommendations. They are growing fast in UK, and have ambitious expansion plans across Europe and the US.
They are looking for a Data Scientist Machine to join their young, vibrant and growing team. The company is Soho based but after an initial settling in period, there is a great deal of flexibility around where you’re based.
This is an excellent opportunity to help build a data science function within a team of tech, marketing and nutrition gurus and a company that promises great things in the near term.
The role is primarily focussed on analysing historic and real time online and offline purchase data to deliver information on key KPI’s for the business and its investors.
- Research, evaluate and present statistical information and machine learning methods to provide actionable insights
- Research how to improve customers’ experience, by using our data
- Communicate findings to senior leadership and to major stakeholders
- Actively contribute to taking the data function to the next level
- Take full ownership of turning discoveries and ideas into machine learning models.
- Either PHD/ Masters/ Degree in Computer science with a strong data science component or a Bachelors degree majoring in data science and/or machine learning backed up by some relevant and referenceable work experience
- Solid knowledge, or better expertise in: Python, NumPy/SciPy, Machine Learning, Tensorflow, Scikit Learn
- Also good to have knowledge of Cloudera, Hadoop, Hdfs, Hive, Hue, Impala, Sqoop
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn, contribute, die for the team…