Our client is a world leading technology and business process innovation consultancy.
Due to unprecedented success in growing its footprint in the aerospace and aviation division, they are currently looking to build their specialist team towards 100 consultants.
— MISSION —
In close collaboration with an international group of developers / testers, the Simulation Software Engineer will take a central role in development and system integration software at various client companies.
— MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Turnkey projects related to pilot training systems and flight simulators;
- Be responsible to work across functional teams and across cultural and linguistic boundaries. Will be required to work within a rapidly changing environment, and will need to demonstrate agility in thinking in order to balance a significant number of variables before reaching an informed decision;
- Be customer oriented – ability to develop and maintain a strong relationship with the client. Have proven negotiation skills and leadership acumen to ensure delivery of outputs and product in or from areas where you have no direct authority;
- Capabilities to work using own initiative, without assistance, to demanding deadlines;
- Drive team cooperation;
— TECHNICAL SKILLS —
- Proficient in use of MS Office including advanced Excel to manipulate spreadsheets to obtain data in various filtered formats;
- Basic knowledge of main DB managers (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Access) – most of all for backup/restore procedures;
- Knowledge of software lifecycle management;
- Operative knowledge of Virtual Machines (VMware, Virtual Box);
- Operative knowledge of LAN configuration and troubleshooting;
- Basic knowledge of HTML and XML;
- Basic knowledge of Linux based environment;
- Knowledge of MS Visual Studio;
- Knowledge of MS Team Foundation;
- Programming languages:
* Knowledge of C/C++ (essential);
* Knowledge of C# (highly desirable);
* Knowledge of Matlab and Simulink (highly desirable);
* Knowledge of ADA (desirable);
* Knowledge of FORTRAN (desirable).
— REQUIREMENTS —
- Degree in Aerospacial Engineering or Information Technology;
- Must possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level;
- Self-discipline, autonomy and open mindedness;
- Able and willing to travel alone or as part of a team within the UK and overseas;
- Familiar with Risk & Opportunity Management: some practical experience in identifying, assessing, allocating and managing project risks and project opportunities.