Our client is a family managed company and global player in the markets for the storage and transport of fuel, chemicals and powder as well as machinery and equipment for the can making industry.
The driving factor behind the actual coverage of many European and overseas locations is a close relationship to markets and customers. This feeds back the local requirements to ensure that their developments respond to really global needs and at the same time provides a highly optimum service quality. To develop and extend the business and sales in the Netherlands, we are looking for a dedicated General Manager in this country.
— The role —
- Responsible for developing new business opportunities with Integrators and end-users in various markets
- Analysing markets, identify and predicting customer needs or solutions of competitors
- Create proposals for changes, restructure and execute the sales
- Maximise customer communication activity
- Sales presentations/visits to prospective clients, exploit public media/events with support of headquarters
- Working on proposals, drive and support negotiations and closing business deals
- Sustained care of present customers and support/execute service expansions
- Meeting or exceeding all performance goals (KPI’s) on a consistent basis
- Managing the entity and leading the team
— Your profile —
- Strong communication skills to deal with various management and staff levels at the customer side
- Proven experience in sales and/or business development of technical products that require explanation ideally but not necessarily in the field of road transportation of oil/gas, fuelling systems incl. aviation and/or components, compressors for unloading of bulk goods from trucks
- Alternatively, experience in the field of materials handling, measuring, regulation of water, chemicals or food
- Technical education, technical background or at least strong technical understanding expected
- Hands-on mentality
- Ability to familiarise quickly with new products, strategically and tactically plan, organise and implement sales activities
- Creative, self-motivated, driven, methodical approach
- Willingness to travel within Netherlands and/or occasionally outside the country
- Leadership experience
- Good English and/or German language skills
This is a very good opportunity for a senior manager to join successful, family managed company, grow and expand business, building effective value for money offerings for customers.