— MISSION —
The Distribution Centre Manager is responsible for the day to day operational activities of the distribution center including responsibility for key performance measurements and activity based cost controls to ensure optimum productivity and high quality service in shipping and receiving, replenishment, inventory control, after sales and returns.
— RESPONSIBLITIES —
* Create and implement overall warehousing strategy in line with our client’s and global warehousing community guidelines as well as our client’s customer requirements;
* Continuously improve warehouse processes through dedicated Lean deployment;
* Ensure process flow optimisation, including required training and documentation, for receiving, returns, and shipping;
* Identify and manage operational goals in alignment with the company’s key performance indicators and report results against these goals;
* Direct, optimise and coordinate full order cycle;
* Ensure timely and accurate shipment of orders, according to schedule;
* Develop and implement relevant policies and procedures for the distribution center operation as required to support the business, while maintaining inventory accountability;
* Develop and implement the programs and guidelines for product security and employee safety. Promote health and safety in the workplace and ensure the security of the facility, its environs, employees and contents;
* Manage employee development and training while maintaining a high level of motivation for all warehouse personnel. Responsibility for staffing, conducting performance appraisals, recommending promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc. for warehouse personnel;
* Work with management to identify, analyse and resolve distribution operational issues.
— REQUIREMENTS —
* At least 10 years of proven working experience as a logistics or inventory manager;
* Record of successful distribution and logistics management;
* Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff;
* Fluent in English;
* Proficient in standard logistics software (SAP EWM 9.0);
* Ability to work and to make decisions under pressure with positive attitude;
* Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain;
* Having strong communication skills to manage the internal and external stakeholder expectations;
* Good commercial and business understanding.