International digital executive search firm ExecutiveSurf is continuing to break down the barriers between companies and executives. With headquarters, multi-lingual team and global delivery hub in London, ExecutiveSurf delivers peerless worldwide talent solutions.
We work at all executive levels and have intimate knowledge of multiple business sectors and disciplines. Crucially, we combine our sector knowledge with unique insights into local talent markets from around the world through our international research team.
We now seek a Head of Research to lead us in the next exciting phase in our development.
As the driver of excellence in research, you will take charge of planning, scheduling, forecasting, and promoting efficiency and innovation within the delivery function.
The research team is the ‘powerhouse’ of ExecutiveSurf. As such, our ambitious plans hinge upon laser accuracy and the ruthless pursuit of quality output delivered on time. This is a pivotal role and the successful candidate will be guaranteed a key part in shaping the future of the company.
* Build a world class international executive research team
* Plan and schedule the team’s activity in order to maximise efficiency and utilisation
* Ensure strict adherence to agreed processes
* Instil and nurture a culture of innovation in sourcing
* Coach, mentor and support team members so that they maximise their individual potential
* Take ownership of the research team as a profit centre.
* Personally undertake executive search projects as required.
Skills, aptitudes, qualifications – Essential:
* Obsessed with achieving results through agreeing objectives, setting milestones and measuring results.
* Innovator who is on a mission to question, challenge and perfect
* Integrity – refusing to cut corners
* Organised – Excellent at setting priorities.
* Natural people manager – Brilliant at recruiting, developing people and building teams.
* International outlook – Cross cultural sensitivity
* English fluency
* Relationship builder – Proven ability to up-sell in a service sales environment.
* University degree.
* Financially numerate – Ability to analyse a P&L, and gain business insights from data.
Skills, aptitudes, qualifications – “Nice to have”:
* Good copywriter and proof-reader in English
* Strategic mindset.
* Fluency in one or more globally important foreign language (in addition to English)
* Masters degree / MBA
* B2B marketing skills
Experience – Essential:
* Proven success in people management
* Demonstrable success in project management in a commercial environment
* Sales / account management (“farmer”).
Experience – “Nice to have”:
* Recruitment/candidate sourcing experience in either a consultancy or an in-house environment
* Professional services scheduling experience
* Has lived and worked in a non-English language speaking environment for a sustained period of time.
* Formal training in project management.
This is an excellent opportunity to take charge of and develop a high-performance team whose dedication to service excellence is critical to the future success of the firm. An opportunity to progress into a strategic leadership role is guaranteed for the right candidate.